Many people are fans of the MX Player because of how well it works with the Firestick and Fire TV. If you’re interested in video streaming without interruptions, the MX Player may be a good solution for you too.
What Are the Benefits of Using MX Player?
One thing MX Player users rant and rave about are the awesome playback features. This decoder platform can play many file formats, including MOV, AVI, MKV, FLV, and many more. Full HD videos can also be played on the MX Player. If you’re interested in quicker buffering times or no buffering at all, this player is your ideal device.
Support for Subtitles
If you’ve seen a movie you’re interested in watching but find out the movie is in a different language, you can appreciate subtitle support the MX Player features. This media player supports a variety of subtitle formats and allows you to change the position of the subtitles on your TV screen, which adds to your viewing pleasure.
Mega Audio Boost
Sometimes when you’re watching movies, you may find yourself straining to hear what’s being said, which can be frustrating. You can increase the volume by as much as 200 percent with the audio boost feature. If you decide to use this feature, make sure you adjust your speaker settings accordingly.
As you can see, the MX Player has quite a bit going for it and is probably worth installing on your Firestick if you plan on streaming. However, before you do that, you need to ensure that you have a VPN in place.
|Before you follow the steps below, understand the significantly higher risks of streaming with Kodi and Firesticks. In fact, this applies to any device online as well as your smartphone or tablet. |
Not too long ago users online enjoyed a certain degree of anonymity due to the Net Neutrality laws. However, in 2018, these laws were repealed. This means your own Internet Service Provider can legally sell your personal data (such as health records, security information, and browsing history).
In addition, they can monitor your online traffic to ensure that you are in compliance with their “fair use” policy. Streaming is generally quite bandwidth heavy and you’ll find ISPs often buffer user traffic which drastically impacts the streams and makes them unwatchable.
After you install Kodi on your device or even if you’re just streaming through another app make sure you secure your streaming data with a no-logging VPN. This is your only protection and it’s worth the nominal investment. For one week only (April 13-20th 2019), IPVanish is offering a 2 years for the price of 1 special that you can take advantage of. This is a massive savings of over 70% so make sure that you take advantage of this special deal!
What Is a VPN?
A VPN (virtual private network) is a mask your computer uses to encrypt your data, including your personal information. VPNs keep all of your data safe from hackers and anyone else who could get a hold of your information. Personal information that ends up in the wrong hands can result in identity theft or other issues that could result in financial hardships. A VPN protects and hides your identity and location from people and other servers. There are different VPN providers available both free and commercial. I don’t really recommend free VPNs as they often end up costing more money in the long run.
You see, free VPNs don’t really protect you as they store your information – this means that when requested, they can identify you and will share that information. Commercial VPNs like IPVanish are different though. IPVanish has a no logging policy so even if asked they are unable to provide details of your activities online. Anonymity is your best protection. Take advantage of the massive promotion that IPVanish is currently having where they are offering 2 years for the price of 1 – a saving of over 70% on the regular price of their service!
Once you download a VPN, you can start using your MX Player and enjoy all of the benefits it has to offer. Make sure your VPN remains on to protect your identity when you’re using the MX Player. If you shut your computer down make sure you restart the VPN before using the player. It’s the best way to keep all of your files, photos, and other data safe while browsing the internet and using the MX Player.
How to Install MX Player on Firestick
When you’re ready to download MX Player, one of the most popular methods to use is the Downloader app. Many people choose to use this app because it is the easiest way to download MX Player without a lot of hassles. Another app people enjoy using is ES File Explorer. Both the Downloader app and ES File Explorer are available for download from the Amazon store.
Installing ES File Explorer, the Downloader app or both
Using the Firestick remote, select the “search” option from the home screen of your Firestick device. Enter the name of the app you want to download, which would be ES File Explorer or Downloader app. Wait for the app to appear on the screen, then click on it to begin the download process.
Enabling Apps from Unknown Sources
Before you can start the downloading process of the MX Player, you need to allow your device to download from unknown sources. You can do this by switching the “install” or “download from unknown sources” button to the “on” position.
- Go to “settings” on the home screen and click “device”. If you have a newer model Firestick, the wording may vary and say “my Fire TV”. This label is located between preferences and accessibility.
- Click on “developer options” located by the device label. Once you’ve clicked “developer options” from the drop-down menu, allow or enable connections over the network or on the network. Depending on the Firestick model you have, it can say either of these prompts. The “developer options” label is located between the “about” and “legal and compliance” label.
- At the bottom of the drop-down menu, located two labels under the “developer options” label is the “apps from unknown sources” label. It will show this option as “off”. You need to allow applications that are not found in the AppStore access to your Firestick device by switching the “off” to “on”. It’s important you only download apps that are from reliable developer sources.
- A new screen will appear advising you that apps from unknown sources are likely to be less secure than apps that are found on the AppStore, and installing these type of apps can result in unexpected behavior with your device. By accepting this risk, you are responsible for the outcome of installing apps from unknown sources whether the outcome is good or bad. You have the option to turn on this function, which allows you to use MX Player, or you can cancel this action, which means you decline apps from unknown sources and they can’t be downloaded and used on your Firestick or Fire TV device. You need to click the “turn on” button.
- Return to your Firestick or Fire TV home screen and click the search icon, which resembles a magnifying glass. Type in the name of the app you want to download, which is the “downloader app”. Click the “download” button, which is highlighted in orange. When the download is complete, a cloud will appear, stating you own the app. An orange play button will appear that says “open”. Click “open” and then confirm you want to open the app by clicking “allow”.
Downloading MX Player
Now that you have downloader installed on your system and you’ve enabled unknown sources, you can proceed to the next step which is actually installing the MX Player app.
Launch Downloader and in the search bar, type the address troypoint.com/mx and click “install”. Then click “done”. Two screens will pop up. One screen will tell you where your new file is downloaded.
Click “delete”. Another screen will pop up asking for confirmation for deletion of the file. Click “delete” again and you are done! MX Player is now ready to use.
You can use MX Player when you are streaming anything online like sports but it’s really important to have that VPN enabled for your own protection.