What is Real Debrid and how it works? This is the beginner’s guide to Real Debrid to help you know everything you need for optimal streaming experience.
Many people deal with buffering problems when playing high definition streams and wish to find a way to watch online media without this hassle. Buffering issues usually arise due to overloading of servers that are hosting these streams or by throttling of your ISP. Those of you who use Kodi and regularly stream their favorite media content online would know how difficult it is to find good high definition links to streams that do not have buffering problems.
In order to make it easy for people to stream online media, we have found the perfect solution, named Real Debrid and we will guide you on how to use this service to deal with streaming problems. This guide contains everything you need to know how to install Real Debrid, in a very few and easy steps.
What is Real-Debrid?
Real Debrid is a multi-hosting service that assists its users to boost their streaming experience. This is not an add-on, but it is a service that provides you with unhindered online media streaming and downloading facilities. Real Debrid has a total of 56 hosts that support it by providing streaming links. It is also the most famous among multi-hosters because it provides you with the streaming sources that Kodi add-ons do not and it works perfectly with all the well-known add-ons.
Real Debrid links are the links that are not usually used by Kodi add-ons and provide unified streaming of all media because they are hosted on fast and high bandwidth servers. This makes Real Debrid stand out of the crowd and helps you deal with streaming problems to improve your online streaming experience.
Getting Started with Real Debrid
Using Real Debrid is extremely simple and easy. First, you need to create an account and then you can access a variety of links from sources like Big4Shared, Mega, Filefactory, etc.
Is there a Free Real Debrid Account?
In the past years, Real Debrid had been offering all its users a free plan which had limited services. The time of using this service in the free plan was limited from 6 AM to 12 PM European Time. Sadly, this free plan was discontinued some time ago, because it was costing the service providers a lot of money as they had to ensure they were giving their users the best quality and speed even at peak hours and the Hoster’s Premium accounts and traffic agreements could not be paid with advertising.
In order to use Real Debrid, you need to upgrade to the Premium package, which would give you access to the following services:
- High-speed downloads of up to 1000Mbps
- AES Secure Downloads
- HTML5 Streaming (No plugin needed)
- Parallel downloads (2)
- DLC, RSDF and CCF decrypter
- Firefox, Chrome and Jdownloader Plugins
- Support for download accelerators
- Unlimited Traffic (4)
- No waiting times or advertising
- Multiple hosters on a single website (3)
Signing up for an account on Real Debrid
The first thing that you need to do to use Real Debrid is to set up your account on their website. You will not be required to enter a payment method. Here are steps on how to sign up on Real Debrid.
Go to www.real-debrid.com and click the ‘Sign up’ button on the top right corner of the website.
You will now see a sign-up form. It will only ask you to choose a username and an email address.
- You will receive an email to confirm your registration. Click the link in the email to activate your account.
- Now, go back to the website link and Log In to your account. Choose the plan you prefer from the plans offered on the website.
Important: Stream privately & anonymously
Before using any third-party service/add-on with Kodi, make sure you are safe and well protected while streaming any media online. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, which basically acts as a filter that acts as a wall between your computer and the webpage you are accessing. Using a VPN, you can easily surf the internet without anyone gaining access to what you are viewing, and you can also overcome restrictions set up by governments and companies. They allow you to connect to servers in up to 60 countries due to their enormous network and have very helpful customer support, to help you with any problem regarding your VPN.
Not too long ago users online enjoyed a certain degree of anonymity due to the Net Neutrality laws. However, in 2018, these laws were repealed. This means your own Internet Service Provider can legally sell your personal data (such as health records, security information, and browsing history).
IPVanish offers a 7-day money back guarantee which means you have a week to test it risk-free. Please note that StreamingMediaGuide readers save on the IPVanish annual plan. Click here to give it a test drive.
How to Set Up Real Debrid on Kodi?
Here are a few easy and simple steps to help you set up Real Debrid on your Kodi Application:
- On the Kodi home page, click the settings icon (cog wheel) on the top left corner of the screen.
- In the system page that opens, Click “System”
- From the bottom left side of the screen, click Advanced.
- Now, hover over the Add-ons menu and click Manage dependencies.
- Scroll down until you find URL Resolver. Select it and click the Configure button
- Highlight the ‘Universal Resolvers’ and scroll down to the section named Real-Debrid to change Priority from 100 to 90 and click Done and OK.
- Tap on the Configure button again and highlight Universal Resolvers and scroll down to the section named Real-Debrid once more.
- Click (Re)Authorize My Account and write down the code that appears in the window
- Now, open www.real-debrid.com/device and type in the given authorization code. The “URLResolver Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized’ message will be shown to you.
Real Debrid streams are named “RD.” Choose your desired quality and host and enjoy.
Real Debrid is an amazing service, especially for people who stream online media regularly and have to face streaming problems on a daily basis. This service provides you with high definition links to stream media and the best speed to make sure the streams run smoothly. Once you sign up and set up your account, you will not have to worry about problems with buffering or media quality. Nevertheless, make sure you use a VPN to protect yourself and your device from malware and outside threats, as streaming can expose you to hazards online. We hope this article was helpful to those looking for a solution to all their streaming problems. Happy Streaming!