Almost every steamer knows about the existence and has probably used the Kodi app. In order to make full use of Kodi, the installation of add-ons is absolutely necessary and one of the best is Covenant.
All about Covenant
Covenant is one of the most popular addons for Kodi today. It is essentially a multi-source add-on. This enables is to search the public internet and find streams and provides them in an arranged and organized fashion. Since the add-on is multi-sourced, there is no problem if one site is down. The add-on can still source your stream from another website.
Covenant is known to search and collect over 50 websites for links and added to that, it has real-debrid, trakt, imdb and Ororo support. It has special categories such as popular, latest releases and so on. These categories are further sorted according to ratings and custom filters.
Covenant also allows you to browse for and view foreign streams and supports the streaming of content from other nations and languages. For easy access and media management Covenant allows you to save your media to the Kodi library.
In order to get add-ons, it needs to be understood that they are stored in repositories. In order to set up repositories just follow the simple steps below.
IMPORTANT: Enable download from unknown sources in order to download add-ons!
After opening your Kodi app, go to Settings then Add-ons > Toggle ‘Unknown Sources’ on.
The Covenant addon is now in a new repository called the Colossal Repository. One can install the colossal repository or download Covenant directly from the repository through Github.
However, the best option for download without any problems would be through Github. The catch is, however, through this method you might not get automatic updates and this might lead to your Covenant addon missing some dependencies. For this method follow the following steps:
- Find the latest version of Covenant from: https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/plugin.video.covenant
- Click on the most recent updated ZIP file and click download on the following page.
- On Kodi, go to the Add-ons option and click on the small package symbol.
- Select “Install from ZIP”.
- Find the installed covenant ZIP file from your computer and click to install.
The above method walks you through the method of direct download. In order to obtain covenant through the Colossus Repository, follow the steps mentioned below.
- IMPORTANT: It is essential to note that the Colossus Repository needs to be installed from within the SMASH repository. After you have done this, execute the following instructions.
- From the Kodi home screen, click on Add-ons.
- Select the small package symbol on the left.
- Select “Install from repository”.
- Find and select the SMASH Repository.
- Click on Addons repository.
- Find and select Colossal Repository.
- Click Install.
- After the installation is successful, you will get a message saying the same on the right of your screen.
- Return to the Repositories List screen and locate the Colossal Repository.
- Under Video Addons, you will be able to locate the Covenant Addon.
- If you are unable to download the Colossal Repository, keep trying again. Due to immense traffics and requests, there have been many access issues reported. If Covenant Installation has failed it is possibly due to server load. Frequent try-agains should fix this problem.