Welcome to our latest working step by step guide to install Seren Kodi Addon on 18.2/18.3 Leia and 17.6 Kodi Krypton. The guide to install Seren Kodi Addon works on Android devices, Smartphones, iOS devices, Tabs, iPads, Windows, Mac, and all Kodi-compatible platforms.
What is Seren Kodi Addon?
This addon is relatively younger than most of its competitors. Seren is a promising Kodi addon, though it still is a beta version. We have checked it out and it serves with amazing video content so we have decided to guide you about installing Seren Kodi addon in 2019.
Seren features on-demand video content including TV shows and movies. It is also on our list of the best 2019 Kodi addons for TV Shows. The quality of links is exceptionally good and you can also pair it with Real-Debrid for optimal results but make sure that you already have a premium Real-Debrid subscription. Premium links are suggestive of flawless video quality so it is always a good idea to pay a little in order to avoid frustration you have to face in the case of sub-standard sources.
Warning before You Install Seren Kodi Addon
It always feels good to know that Kodi addons offer unlimited streaming sources but you need not forget the consequences of accessing video content without a Virtual Private Network.
Whenever you access premium video content, there is always something to worry about copyright protection and geo-restrictions. To avoid unwanted circumstances, you need to install a credible VPN to make sure that no government agency or ISP manages to monitor your online activities. If any of these watchdogs find you access the content you are not authorized to, it will be considered a criminal act.
Update on Net Neutrality Laws
Not too long ago users online enjoyed a certain degree of anonymity due to the Net Neutrality laws. However, in 2018, these laws were repealed. This means your own Internet Service Provider can legally sell your personal data (such as health records, security information, and browsing history).
In addition, they can monitor your online traffic to ensure that you are in compliance with their “fair use” policy. Streaming is generally quite bandwidth-heavy and you’ll find ISPs often buffer user traffic which drastically impacts the streams and makes them unwatchable.
After you install a streaming app on your device or even if you’ve already installed one – make sure you secure your streaming data with a no-logging VPN like IPVanish. This is your only protection and it’s worth the nominal investment.
IPVanish has servers all over the world which help anonymize your activities online. Also by accessing servers in other countries, it’s possible to bypass any geographic restrictions and with over 6000+ servers around the world, IPVanish makes this simple and easy. Finally, IPVanish supports almost every client imaginable – regardless of the device you’re using to stream, you’ll find that you can use IPVanish VPN services to protect yourself.
IPVanish offers a 7-day money-back guarantee which means you have a week to test it risk-free. Please note that StreamingMediaGuide readers save on the IPVanish annual plan. Click here to give it a test drive.
Steps to Install Seren Kodi Addon
Seren is not an official Kodi addon so it means that you need to first enable Kodi to allow installation from external sources. For this, you need to change Kodi settings:
- Launch Kodi and hit the Settings icon (cog) you see at the top-left of the home screen
- Select System Settings
- Hit Add-ons option you find on the menu bar on the left of the screen
- Toggle Unknown Sources to turn ON this feature
Once the downloading from unknown sources is enabled, you are ready to install Seren Kodi addon.
- Return to Settings
- Select File Manager
- Click on Add Sources
- A window will appear stating <None> which you need to click on
- In the text field, type the following link:
- Double-check the link you typed and before hitting OK
- The system will ask you to write the source’s name and you can type any name you want. Make sure to write it down because you are going to need it later to complete the installation process. In our case, the source name is Nix.
- Hit OK
- Return to the home screen and go to Add-ons, the option you see on the left of the screen
- Referring to the top-left of the screen you’ll notice an Open-Box (Package Installer) icon which you need to select
- Select Install from Zip file
- Select the name you’ve already selected for the source. In our case, it is Nix
- Open nixgates.repository.zip
- An acknowledgment message will appear confirming the installation of Nixgates Rep Add-on.
- Select Install from repository
- Continue with Nixgates Repo => Video add-ons => Seren => Install
- It will take a while to install the add-on and as soon as the process completes, you’ll see a message stating Seren Add-on Installed
Don’t forget to keep us updated in case anything doesn’t work as expected. The problem with the third-party Kodi addons is that you never know when it is no more available. In addition, sometimes the repository also changes so it is important to update the post accordingly in order to avoid any confusion whatsoever.