The Big Event
Who: Namajunas vs Andrade; When: Saturday, May 11, 2019; Where: Rio Olympic Arena, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Why: Strawweight Title
Rose Namajunas, also known as Thug Rose, is a 26-year-old mixed martial artist who is the current champion in the Women’s Strawweight division. Rose currently ranks #14 in the UFC pound-for-pound rankings as of April 16, 2019.
Jessica Andrade, also known as Bate Estaca, which means pile driver, is known for her aggressive fighting style. This 27-year-old is a Brazilian mixed martial artist who as of December 12, 2018, is ranked #1 in the Women’s Strawweight rankings.
Will Rose or Jessica be defeated in this intense face-off match? Tune in Saturday, May 11, 2019, for the results. You can watch this match on Kodi and Android devices, but you need to use a VPN.
Why Is a VPN Needed While Using Kodi?
Having security gives you peace of mind, especially when you’re browsing the internet. When you think of internet security, you may think of anti-virus software. Anti-virus software helps prevent viruses from infecting your hard drive and destroying your files. Instead of focusing on virus threats, VPNs protect your personal information, which helps prevent identity theft and other instances of fraud.
What Does a VPN Do?
VPNs hide information people can use to track your location and gain access to your personal files and information. VPNs hide your internet browser history. With a hidden browser history, no one can view the sites you visit. This also means third-party sites cannot target you with ads. A VPN protects your IP address and location. Your IP address can be used to access your internet search history. Your location can be used to determine where you conducted internet searches. Without a VPN, you have no privacy.
The Benefits of Masking Your IP Address
Masking your IP address is beneficial for many different reasons. Masking your IP address gives you access to geo-restricted content. This content is often restricted to certain countries, which means you are only granted access if you live in that country. With a VPN, this type of content is no longer restricted.
Censorship and Surveillance
Masking your IP address by using a VPN allows you to bypass surveillance and censorship. This means the government will have difficulty monitoring how you spend your time on the internet.
Use of Public Wi-Fi
Like many people, you may be tempted to use public Wi-Fi when it becomes available. Public Wi-Fi connections are not encrypted, which means they are not secure. If you have a VPN enabled on your device, you can browse the internet without worrying about your digital identity being discovered or cyber threats.
Maintaining a Private Browsing History
Privacy is what VPNs are about. If you don’t want people, such as the government, employers, your internet service provider, ISP, checking out what you’re doing, you need to use a VPN whenever you use any electronic devices. Whether you’re researching something for a personal matter or want the freedom to browse whatever you want without worrying about peeping Toms, you need a VPN to protect the information on your internet browser.
Protecting More Than One Device
You can use a VPN across a variety of devices, including laptops, tablets, desktops, and cell phones. Regardless of which device you decide to use, your information will always be protected.
|Before you continue reading, understand the significantly higher risks of streaming online today. In fact, this applies to any device online as well as your smartphone or tablet. |
Not too long ago users online enjoyed a certain degree of anonymity due to the Net Neutrality laws. However, in 2018, these laws were repealed. This means your own Internet Service Provider can legally sell your personal data (such as health records, security information, and browsing history).
In addition, they can monitor your online traffic to ensure that you are in compliance with their “fair use” policy. Streaming is generally quite bandwidth heavy and you’ll find ISPs often buffer user traffic which drastically impacts the streams and makes them unwatchable.
After you install a streaming app on your device or even if you’ve already installed one – make sure you secure your streaming data with a no-logging VPN like IPVanish. This is your only protection and it’s worth the nominal investment.
IPVanish has servers all over the world which help anonymize your activities online. Also by accessing servers in other countries, it’s possible to bypass any geographic restrictions and with over 6000+ servers around the world, IPVanish makes this simple and easy. Finally, IPVanish supports almost every client imaginable – regardless of the device you’re using to stream, you’ll find that you can use IPVanish VPN services to protect yourself.
IPVanish offers a 7-day money back guarantee which means you have a week to test it risk-free. Please note that StreamingMediaGuide readers save on the IPVanish annual plan. Click here to give it a test drive.
Watching UFC 237 Namajuna vs Andrade on Kodi
UFC Fight Pass
If you have a UFC Fight Pass account, you have access to the Kodi add-on. If you don’t have an account, create one and subscribe for premium access to this add-on. This Kodi add-on features on-demand videos and live streaming that’s dedicated solely to ultimate fighting.
Although UFC Fight Pass is not an official Kodi add-on, it is available thanks to awesome third-party developers and can be installed following the simple directions below.
Installing the UFC Fight Pass on Kodi
1. Download the UFC Fight Pass Add-on which is in the Portse repo and save in a location you can find easily later.
2. Open the Kodi platform. Select “main menu” and click “add-ons”.
3. The icon of an open box will appear at the top, left corner of your screen.
4. Select the tab “install from zip file”. Locate the file you had previously downloaded (Portse repo) and install it. Wait for the notification to pop up in the top right corner, stating “Portse repo enabled”
5. Now select ‘Install from Repo’. Go to ‘Portse repo’ and select ‘Video add-ons’.
6. Install the UFC Fight Pass add-on by clicking the “install” button.
7. When the installation is complete, Kodi will let you know it is successfully installed on your device.
8. Feel free to start using your new add-on!
Planet MMA is another Kodi add-on that allows you to stream content that is dedicated to UFC. If paid subscriptions are not your cup of tea, Planet MMA is an awesome alternative. This Kodi add-on features over 25 categories of content users can choose from, including on-demand videos and live streaming capabilities.
Installing Planet MMA on Your Kodi Device
1. Launch your Kodi device setting by clicking on the wheel icon.
2. Open the file manager by clicking on the “file manager” tab.
3. Add a new source of your Kodi device by selecting the “add source” tab. The add source file box will appear. You can enter the name of the add-on you want to add or select the “browse” option to view the available sources for your new add-on.
4. Select the tab “none”. Enter the URL http://2supremacy.uk/repo/. Double check the URL is entered in the search field correctly, then click the “ok” button.
5. There will be a second search/text field where you can name your new media. Once you’ve typed the name for your media, click the “ok” button.
6. Go back to your dashboard/home screen of your Kodi device. Select the “add-ons” tab from the menu panel on the left side of the screen.
7. You will see a picture of an open box at the top of your screen. Click the box icon and select the “install from ZIP file” option.
8. Select the file name from the previous step to add it on your Kodi device. The file name is the name you made for the new file you created.
9. Select the option “install from repository” to install the file.
10. You will receive a notification when your Kodi device installs the file successfully. Once you receive the notification, you can start using the add-on.
You’re all set to watch the UFC 237 Namajunas vs Andrade match! Remember to keep your VPN on and enjoy the show!