Kodi has become the talk of the town for various reasons and there are people spreading myths about Kodi media organizer. Is using Kodi legal and safe in 2019? Almost everyone in the world, not only the users but also the media and entertainment industry, wants to know what’s exactly is going on and where the legitimacy of this extremely popular software does stand right now.
Kodi – Legit or not, that’s the question!
The debate has become intense right after the recent news about the Kodi streaming block for Premier League. The debate is growing by each passing day and this is because most of the people believe that the legal authorities are trying their best to push Kodi back as much as possible. There is a need to dig in deeper though.
Kodi, the best media center, has been serving its users for years. Unlike conventional media players, Kodi has the ability to stream video content from online sources in addition to the content stored on the device. How does Kodi make it happen? Basically, the extensive support from Kodi add-ons does the trick. There are two types of Kodi add-ons, official and community (third-party). Basically, the conflict triggers the use of add-ons.
Is Kodi legal and safe? The answer depends on how you use it!
Is Kodi legal? Well, if you consider it as a media player, it is completely legal. It is just a platform that promises stream media on your device. The problem here is that we still don’t have a definition to use as the reference point. As long as you download and install Kodi on a device, you are not breaking any law. Even Microsoft Store and Google Play features Kodi App. Had it been illegal, none of these app stores would have allowed Kodi App to stay for this long.
How you use Kodi actually makes the difference. Kodi serves you with official add-ons but there are people who love to make full use of the available options by downloading third-party Kodi addons. There are scores of impressive Kodi add-ons which allow you to stream Movies, TV shows, and even Live TV. You first need to consider your own approach before asking if Kodi is legal and safe. The thing is, there are third-party add-ons available in one way or the other but Kodi doesn’t encourage you to use community add-ons. In fact, Kodi administration has blocked dozens of add-ons because of various problematic concerns.
Kodi is legal and safe as long as you use it the right way!
People have been arrested in various countries, even in the UK. Such incidents give rise to confusion and uncertainty. You need to understand that accessing copyright-protected content is illegal almost everywhere in the world. The government agencies and ISPs are monitoring your activities to stop unauthorized access to Live Sports, Live TV, and other content. But on the other hand, there are sources easily available through which you can access anything from anywhere. But Kodi doesn’t ask you to do the wrong thing. It is your choice! None of us is innocent enough to misunderstand basic copyright infringement laws. It is just that most of us can’t keep away from the desire to watch Live TV and Sports for free.
As long as you are streaming via official Kodi addons, you don’t have to worry. Official Kodi repositories don’t feature such links which take you to copyright-protected content. But who is responsible if you intentionally allow the device to “download from unknown sources” while ignoring a warning message that pops up?
Protect yourself first if you can’t resist using third-party Kodi Add-ons
It is understandable that staying away from streaming what you love is pretty tough. If you are a sports lover, you definitely can’t think of missing out a soccer match, a tennis match, or a cricket match. If you love TV shows, you don’t want to skip even one episode. But don’t forget, your safety and protection come first. You must not compromise on the privacy of your online activities and your personal information. You can turn the tables with a simple and effective solution – a Virtual Private Network.
IPVanish has servers all over the world which help anonymize your activities online. Also by accessing servers in other countries, it’s possible to bypass any geographic restrictions and with over 6000+ servers around the world, IPVanish makes this simple and easy. Finally, IPVanish supports almost every client imaginable – regardless of the device you’re using to stream, you’ll find that you can use IPVanish VPN services to protect yourself.
IPVanish offers a 7-day money-back guarantee which means you have a week to test it risk-free. Please note that StreamingMediaGuide readers save on the IPVanish annual plan. Click here to give it a test drive.
- Compatibility – IPVanish desktop applications for several operating systems, including Linux, macOS, and Windows. The VPN uses its popular CyberSec protects your device from malware threats, by blocking the detected websites that could be harmful and could pose a threat to the users.
- Free Trial – IPVanish gives all its amazing services and features for 7 days to its new users for free to access! You can withdraw from the trial in case you are not pleased with the services. All the subscribers for this VPN are allowed to use these services on 6 different devices at a time and are also provided with encrypted proxy extensions for numerous browsers like Chrome and FireFox.
- Customer Support – The customer support representatives at IPVanish are helpful and are always there to fix any complications that you are facing with the VPN. This application also has a great feature for virtual tourists, that let you link with servers in up to 60 countries around the globe due to its huge network.
- Security – The VPN has a remote server to encrypt all the information from the users and hide the IP addresses so third-party websites cannot access it. IPVanish makes use of military-grade IKEv2 and OpenVPN technologies to encrypt the data of its users to ensure unidentified browsing.
- Streaming – In IPVanish, the SmartPlay technology allows you to access over 400 geo-restricted streaming facilities like Amazon Prime, BBC, Netflix, and many many more. It also has mobile apps for Android TV and for devices running on iOS and Android. Many VPNs have a tendency to face difficulties working with Netflix because it someway cracks the IPs that belong to specific VPNs. As they have many servers, you do not have to be concerned about dealing with this issue with this VPN.
Have a look at our top 3 reasons why you need a VPN for Kodi. The world is constantly changing, so are the laws. The legislative authorities are looking to facilitates the big-fish more while compromising on common-peoples’ interests. Now, the ISPs have legal protection and backing of the advertising agencies. Your Internet Service Provider can now monitor, extract, and sell your personal information and you can’t do anything about it. The only thing you can do is to block the ISP from accessing your personal information and monitoring your online activities. This is the only way which keeps you anonymous even when you access restricted content via third-party Kodi addons.