While it’s not free like Kodi and some android apps, Sling’s new offering seems like a pretty good deal for the money. For a small-time, Sling has an offer that provides a combination of Sling Blue as well as Sling Orange for $25/month.
When it comes to choosing the ideal streaming service, the cost is simply one element to take into consideration, but it’s a vital one for cord-cutters. That’s why we’re taking a better look at what you’ll get for your money with a Sling subscription.
You’ll obtain 56 channels for $25 when you sign up for the Sling Blue and Sling Orange combo. With that bargain, you’ll be paying just under 45 cents per channel! Right here’s exactly how that compares to various other online TELEVISION streaming services.
- Hulu with Live has 67 networks for $44.99/ month, being available in at 67 cents per network – Sling wins
- YouTube TV has 74 networks for $40/month, coming in at 54 cents per network – Sling wins
- DIRECTV NOW Plus has 47 networks for $50/month, being available in at $1.06 per network – Sling wins
- PlayStation Vue Access has 49 networks for $44.99/ month, can be accessed at 92 cents per network – Sling wins again.
Now, while Sling is a completely legitimate service, you might want to pair it up with Kodi or use it on a Firestick. If that is the case, consider a VPN for your own protection.
Not too long ago users online enjoyed a certain degree of anonymity due to the Net Neutrality laws. However, in 2018, these laws were repealed. This means your own Internet Service Provider can legally sell your personal data (such as health records, security information, and browsing history).
In addition, they can monitor your online traffic to ensure that you are in compliance with their “fair use” policy. Streaming is generally quite bandwidth-heavy and you’ll find ISPs often buffer user traffic which drastically impacts the streams and makes them unwatchable.
After you install Kodi on your device or even if you’re just streaming through another app make sure you secure your streaming data with a no-logging VPN. This is your only protection and it’s worth the nominal investment.
What do you get with Sling Blue and Sling Orange?
These are the networks you’ll obtain with your mix of Sling Blue as well as Sling Orange:
- ACC Network Additional
- BBC America
- Bloomberg TV
- Anime Network
- Cheddar Business, Cheddar Information
- Comedy Central
- ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3
- FS1, FS2
- FX, FXX
- Food Network
- Fox, Fox Sports (select markets).
- Life time.
- Motor Trend.
- NBC, NBC Sports (select markets).
- NFL Network.
- Nat Geo Wild, National Geographic.
- Nick Jr
- Travel Channel. Tribeca Shortlist.
How does this Compare to Other Streaming Services?
With the mix of Sling Blue and also Sling Orange, you can view 4 streams all at once. You can only have 1 Sling Orange stream and up to 3 Sling Blue streams on at the exact same time. Right here’s just how that contrasts to various other streaming services.
- Hulu with Live will allow you view on 2 displays concurrently, with the choice to update to unrestricted displays for a fee. Hulu with Live offers 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage space with the alternative to enhance to 200 hours for a monthly cost.
- YouTube TELEVISION permits you to have up to 6 accounts, yet just 3 synchronized streams. YouTube TELEVISION has unlimited cloud DVR storage and also allows you to videotape concurrently.
- DIRECTV NOW Plus permits 2 simultaneous streams, with the choice to add a 3rd for an added regular monthly cost. DIRECTV NOW And also has 20 hours of complimentary Cloud DVR storage.
- PlayStation Vue will let you view 5 streams simultaneously. PlayStation Vue permits you to tape approximately 500 programs for as much as 28 days.
While cord-cutting continues to become more and more like cable in terms of costs, Slings offerings and pricing seems quite appropriate. The services provided definitely warrant the cost.