The wait is finally over with the release of Kodi 18.5 Leia on November 18. We are going to show you the easy and working method to install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick. The new release, Kodi 18.5 features various upgrades and fixes and you could install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick in minutes to get rid of the grey areas found in the previous Kodi 18 versions.
Why Install Kodi 18.5 Leia?
We recommend you to install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick for various good reasons. The new version comes with GUI Info Fixes. Names of icons, scrollbar behavior, and labels have been changed. 18.5 Leia supports 2.x and 3x Artist Slideshow and the irritating Always-Allow Black has been fixed.
In addition, various improvements have been made for optimized display and playback. They include UPnP support, playback subtitle fixes, and more. You are definitely going to appreciate the efforts Kodi developers have made since September 2019 to come up with an even better upgrade as compared to Kodi Leia 18.4.
Install a VPN
No doubt that installing Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick isn’t a risk at all because Kodi is highly reliable and clean. But still, there are things you need to take care of at your end. You must protect yourself from copyright violation, you need to keep the ISP monitoring at a distance, and you must do something to keep the potential hackers from accessing your device.
Regardless of how clean the developers are, you can’t risk using community add-ons without a VPN in place. A Virtual Private Network is highly recommended and you need to know how a VPN works. There are various minor and major reasons why you need a VPN service. We don’t encourage the violation of copyright act or state laws but it is your right to protect your devices from hackers. If you have no idea of which VPN service to rely on, we recommend you to install iPVanish.
We recommend iPVanish because we have been using it for a long time it has outperformed its competitors and still doing great by the end of 2019. And here comes the great news!
iPVanish is celebrating its Extended Cyber Sales by offering up to 73% OFF which means that now you can use iPVanish Premium for just $3.25/month. The iPVanish Extended Cyber Sales apply to all plans and even the news subscribers qualify for the discount.
To avail the discount, you need to use this coupon code: CYBERDEAL19
Firestick Settings to Install Kodi 18.5 Leia
To install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick, you first need to go through the basic settings.
- Launch Firestick and access the home screen
- Hit on Settings
- From the menu, select Applications
- A sub-menu will appear from which you need to select Manage Installed Applications
- From the list of Apps, select Kodi
It’ll display the current Kodi version installed on your Firestick. If it is any previous Kodi version then you need to make sure that installing Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick doesn’t delete already installed add-ons. Using our method below, you wouldn’t lose add-ons or settings.
Steps to Install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick
- Launch Kodi and access home screen
- Go to Settings and select My Fire TV
- From the list, select Developer Options
- Hit on Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON to let the device download apps from third-party sources
- Return to the home screen and select Search (Magnifying Mirror)
- Type Downloader and select the app that reads ‘Downloader’
- Press Download and the App will start downloading
- Once downloaded, launch the Downloader App and select Allow
- The home screen of the Downloader App will let you insert the URL to access Kodi 18.5 Leia. Type the following link:
- Hit Go and it will start to download Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick
- Once downloaded, a menu will appear where you need to select Install which will start to update Kodi 18.5 Leia on your Firestick
Once done, don’t forget to delete the installation files because they eat up a lot of space on the device. After Kodi is updated, it will show the options twice where you need to select Delete both the times. Now you are free to access the Home screen, navigate to Apps and launch Kodi 18.5 Leia. For the first time, it will take a few minutes to get done with the loading process.
Before you install Kodi 18.5 Leia on Firestick, don’t forget to install a VPN service. It will not only optimize the speed but will also protect your device from watchdogs and hackers. Kodi, being an open-source platform, allows you to install add-ons and this is where you need to be careful. Only a VPN ensures device and network protection and complete privacy especially when you are using third-party Kodi add-ons.