Today, we will have a look at some of the most prominent features of our selected addon for today, the Athena Kodi addon, and walk you through the installation tutorial of this highly efficient addon. It is from the EzzerMac Repository, which is quite popular. One can easily install Athena Kodi addon in a matter of minutes through this repo. Other popular addons are also available through this repo, such as Odin or The Magic Dragon.
Below are some of the most important features of Athena Kodi addon:
Features of Athena Kodi Addon
Once you are done installing Athena Kodi addon, you are granted access to a diverse collection of movies and Television shows. Athena Kodi addon is efficient and highly compatible with a wide range of devices such as the Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, Android TV Box, Amazon Firestick 4K, and NVIDIA Shield.
The Athena add-on interface is user-friendly and simple, therefore you don’t have to spend too much of your time to start feeling comfortable and used to this addon. The media content that is available on Athene add-on is divided into the below-mentioned categories:
- Television shows
- One-Click Play 24/7
- One-Click Play Docs
- One-Click Play Kids Zone
- Accounts Lounge (Premium)
You have the option of connecting your Real-Debrid account to Athena Kodi add-on for efficient HD-link performance. This easy-to-use addon also works compatibly with your Trakt account.
Advantages of Athena Kodi Addon
- Compatible with Read-Debrid account
- Compatible with Track
- Compatible with Kodi Leia 18.5
- Belongs to the family of The Magic Dragon, reliable add-ons and Odin, etc.
Disadvantages of Athena Kodi Addon
- Athena Kodi Addon has been released by community developers. It is a third-party addon and hence, one must use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for a vulnerability-free performance.
Install the Best VPN for Kodi in 2020
We have tried various VPN services over the past few years and have concluded that IPVanish stands out for various good reasons.
New IPVanish subscribers can get an exclusive 65% discount right now!
Following are the details:
- $49 for the First Year i.e. Only $4.16/month
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Let us take a look at its most promising features:
IPVanish desktop applications for several operating systems, including Linux, macOS, and Windows. The VPN uses its popular CyberSec protects your device from malware threats, by blocking the detected websites that could be harmful and could pose a threat to the users.
- Free Trial
IPVanish gives all its amazing services and features for 7 days to its new users for free to access! You can withdraw from the trial in case you are not pleased with the services. All the subscribers for this VPN are allowed to use these services on 6 different devices at a time and are also provided with encrypted proxy extensions for numerous browsers like Chrome and FireFox.
- Customer Support
The customer support representatives at IPVanish are helpful and are always there to fix any complications that you are facing with the VPN. This application also has a great feature for virtual tourists, that let you link with servers in up to 60 countries around the globe due to its huge network.
The VPN has a remote server to encrypt all the information from the users and hide the IP addresses so third-party websites cannot access it. IPVanish makes use of military-grade IKEv2 and OpenVPN technologies to encrypt the data of its users to ensure unidentified browsing.
In IPVanish, the SmartPlay technology allows you to access over 400 geo-restricted streaming facilities like Amazon Prime, BBC, Netflix, and many many more. It also has mobile apps for Firestick TV and devices running on iOS and Firestick. Many VPNs tend to face difficulties working with Netflix because it someway cracks the IPs that belong to specific VPNs. As they have many servers, you do not have to be concerned about dealing with this issue with this VPN.
Steps to Install Athena Addon on Kodi
For installing this addon, you would have to download zip files that belong to a community repository from a third-party source. You would also need to enable the files that are being downloaded from unknown sources.
Following are the steps you need to follow for installing the Athena Addon on Kodi:
- Download and launch Kodi. Then, go to your Home Screen. There, you can see the cogwheel icon.
- Move your cursor to position it on add-ons.
- On your right side, you should be able to see a large panel presenting diverse options. One of these options is the unknown sources.
- Enable unknown sources and then approve the settings by then pressing OK
- Click on the return button. This action will automatically open the System interface
- Next, go to the File Manager Folder
- Press Add sources
- Select <None> and then you can paste or type in this URL exactly as it is:
- Select the OK option
- Next, choose and type in a name for your media source according to your wish. We typed Athene
- Select the OK option
- Once again, go back to the System interface and then go to add-on option (open-box)
- Select the option install from zip file
- Now, select the name that you chose for the media source. In our example, it is Athena
- Now click on repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip
- The system will automatically install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository within a matter of seconds.
- Select the option Install from repository once the repository has been installed
- Click on the repo (EzzerMacs Wizard Repository)
- Select Video add-ons
- Next, you need to search for the option Athena and then click on it
- Next, click on install
- After its installation, in less than a minute, a notifying message will appear stating that Athena add-on installed
- Next, go back to your Home Screen and select add-ons and then launch the Athena add-on you just installed.
Athena is an impressive Kodi addon, however, make sure to use it with a VPN for optimal performance. One of the advantages of doing this is that you can browse and stream online anonymously, without having to worry about your personal and sensitive information being leaked out online.